What are the Benefits of being a City Member?
If you have a City Membership, you can call us as often as you like with questions and research requests regarding New York City Law, proposed laws and related matters. No research fees! In effect, we become the specialists on your staff.
You will also receive our New York City Report, full of news on New York City Intros and also State legislation affecting the City. It also contains text of all new Local Laws and all important Intros, news of agency regulations and a listing of recent additions to our lending library.
City Members also get free copies, as needed, of:
- New Local Laws
- Intros (city bill text)
- Executive Orders
- Executive Directives
Available at reduced fees to members:
- Local Law Bill Jackets / legislative histories (26% members discount)
- Public Hearing Transcripts (only 50¢ per page when added to the Bill Jacket)
- New York City (Agency) Rules & Regulations - copies or research (60% member discount)
Why pay for membership with New York Legislative Service, Inc.?
The main reason for becoming a member of any organization is because you support its purpose, goals and activities. Without the financial support of our members, who contribute with an annual membership, we would not be here. It’s that simple. For any major firm or corporation, our membership fee is a very modest cost which helps to assure that we will continue to be around to lend our expert services to them.
You may not have realized that New York Legislative Service is a not-for-profit membership corporation; NOT a government subsidized office. It is completely self-supporting. This means that we receive no tax dollars, grants or endowment funds.
While the trend has been to downsize law libraries, we have been enlarging our library with rare books and difficult to find documents. The only research specialists on New York legislative intent in the country are trained and employed at New York Legislative Service, Inc. And our library for materials on legislative intent is incomparable.
Some of the benefits of membership:
- No time charges for expert research. Call anytime and not worry about running up the clock.
- Substantial discounts (25 – 60%) for document retrieval and our proprietary compilations
- Receive our State Reports and/or the City Reports: concise reporting on current legislation and new laws.
- Personalized bill tracking
- Email alerts on important legislation
- Free bill text & memos from the current session